A national Stay Well This Winter campaign has started and provides advice to help everyone to stay well this winter.
This campaign covers the following guidance:
- Seeking immediate advice and help from a pharmacist as soon as you feel unwell, before it gets too serious
- Getting prescriptions before 24 December
- Completing the course of prescription medicines
- Keeping as warm as you can
- Getting a flu vaccination
- Stocking up on winter food supplies
- Keeping an eye on elderly or frail friends, neighbours and relatives
This campaign is particularly aimed to help those with long-term health conditions, those over 65, pregnant women and parents of under-sevens, but contains useful advice to help everyone to stay well over the winter months.