GPs are here for you, for longer
People living in the North Kirklees area are now be able to visit a GP after work and on weekends under a new scheme launched in August 2018.
The CCG has awarded the contract for the new service to Curo Health Ltd, a federation of local GP practices. The service was developed following extensive engagement with local patients.
We know that some people find it difficult to get an appointment at their practice so this new service helps to make sure that people can get the right care at a time that suits them. Having these additional appointments available also helps to reduce pressure on both general practice and hospital emergency departments by allowing patients to visit a GP at a convenient time that fits better with their work and other commitments.
Extended access to primary care
How do I book one of these appointments?
Evening and weekend appointments are available for any patient registered with a GP in North Kirklees. The appointments are available at Dewsbury Health Centre.
Dewsbury Health Centre
Appointment times are between 6.30pm and 9.30pm each weekday, with additional slots available on Saturdays from 9am until 4pm and Sundays from 9am until 1pm.
‘Pre-bookable’ and ‘on-the-day’ appointments can be accessed through your own GP practice or when your GP practice is closed, by calling NHS 111 for urgent non-life-threatening medical help.
Christmas and New Year Opening
- Christmas Eve, Monday 24 December – 5.30pm – 8.30pm
- Christmas Day, Tuesday 25 December – 10.00am – 12noon
- Boxing Day, Wednesday 26 December – 10am -2pm
- Thursday 27 December – 5.30pm – 9.30pm
- Friday 28 December – 5.30pm – 9.30pm
- Saturday 29 December – Normal extended access hours; 9am -4pm
- Sunday 30 December – Normal extended access hours; 9am – 1pm
- New Years Eve, Monday 31 December – Normal extended access hours; 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- New Years Day, 1 January 2019 – 10am -3pm