Have a look at the links on this page to find out more about health services in your area, along with information on the best way to get urgent care.
Advice in your language
These videos provide information in your language about the best service to use for your health needs.
Useful contact information
Better in Kirklees – Kirklees Council’s Better in Kirklees service supports anyone over the age of 18 living with a long-term health condition to become more active and involved in their community. The service connects people to groups and activities close to where they live in Kirklees, based on their interests.
Gateway to care is the first point of contact for everyone that would like information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.
Thriving Kirklees is a new health partnership for services to support children and young people aged 0 to 19. Services include:
- Health visiting
- School nursing
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Children’s Emotional Health and Wellbeing Service (ChEWS) – which offers short term targeted interventions to children and young people
- Assessment and diagnosis of autistic spectrum conditions (please note referrals into this service can only be made by a Speech and Language Therapist, Paediatrician, or Educational Psychologist)
- Children and Young People with Learning Disabilities Team
- Home Start
- Healthy Start Vitamin Scheme
- Safety in the Home
- Safety Rangers
There is one number to contact all these services and that is: 0300 304 5555