Whether you’re taking prescription medicine, or over-the-counter medication, these safety tips are a good place to start to get the most out of your medication, and be sure that you’re using it correctly.
What can you do?
- Keep a record of all the medicines you are taking.
- Know why you need each medicine and what the benefits are for you.
- If you do not understand the information, ask your pharmacist, doctor or nurse.
- Read information leaflets for any special instructions or side effects, and what to do if you have any side effects.
- Make sure any professional who treats you knows about the medicines you are already taking, and if you have an allergy.
- If someone you care for cannot understand and manage their medicines, make sure someone is helping them.
Find out more information on the NHS website.