Together with partners and building on work already underway, we will focus on developing services that meet the needs of local people with the aim of:
- Enabling more people to live independently/reducing the need for residential care.
- Delivering treatment locally wherever possible, rather than out of the area.
- Enhancing community rehabilitation services
- Improving access to high quality talking or psychological therapy services
- Improving access to Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and improving the experience of service users and their families (link – http://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/working-with-children/future-in-mind.aspx)
- Valuing mental health equally with physical health (parity of esteem).