Kirklees Cares, we’re here for you this bank holiday

In preparation for the May bank holiday, we’ve put together details on how services are working differently and how to access them before and during the long weekend. If you need medical help, the NHS is still here for you. If you feel unwell and don’t know what to do, follow the steps below.

Everyone should stay at home in line with government guidance this May bank holiday.

If you, or someone you live, with has coronavirus symptoms (high temperature and / or a new continuous cough):

  • Stay at home. If your symptoms worsen or you feel that you cannot manage at home, please refer to the NHS111 online coronavirus service. Only call 111 if you can’t get online or you’ve been instructed to.
  • Please do not go to your GP practice or community pharmacy.


If you, or people you live with, don’t have coronavirus symptoms and you think you need advice from a GP practice or pharmacy for a health concern:

  • GP practices in Kirklees are open on Friday 8 May.
  • If you think you need to talk to your GP practice, contact your GP practice online or by phone to be assessed.
  • If your practice is not open for any reason you will be directed to another nearby service.
  • If a face-to-face appointment is necessary, you’ll be advised on this.

Find out more about how GP practices are working in Kirklees.

Community pharmacy services over the bank holiday

  • Many community pharmacies will be open for a minimum of three hours on Bank Holiday Friday (8 May), with some pharmacies being open for longer.
  • Always check the NHS website or your pharmacy’s own website for details.
  • Community pharmacy opening hours on Saturday 9 May will be the same as normal.
  • Pharmacists and their teams are an essential part of the NHS and need your help and support during the coronavirus pandemic. Please always treat staff with respect; they are doing their best to provide you with the medicines and advice you need.

Dental Services

If you think you need urgent dental treatment:

  • call your dentist
  • if you cannot contact your dentist, or you do not have one, use the NHS 111 online service
  • If a clinical appointment is necessary, this will be arranged at an urgent dental care centre.


Find out more on how to get medical help from home


Comments Off on Kirklees Cares, we’re here for you this bank holiday

Filed under News

Comments are closed.