What have people already told us?
Since July 2015, the CCGs have been talking to local people, voluntary and community sector organisations and key stakeholders about local funding priorities. This has included discussions at engagement events, with Patient Reference Group Networks and through online polling.
You said that:
- the cost and effectiveness of medicines and treatments should be taken into account when making decisions
- people should pay for medicines that are widely available in local shops at low cost, rather than getting them on prescription (Although you are concerned about the financial impact on people with low incomes)
- you want consistency in funding decisions across Kirklees to avoid a ‘postcode lottery’
- patients should not be refused treatment because of lifestyle choices, unless this impacts on the success of their treatment
- we could save NHS money by educating people about how to prevent ill health, manage their own health conditions and use health services appropriately.